Yoga Therapy Retreat, Scandinavian Style – Sweden February 2019
February 22 - February 28| £740 – £1195
Yoga and Hiking, Cold exposure Winter travel to Sweden.
Last year I found out that my DNA is highest percentage Scandinavian, I think the seed was planted then that I wanted to go and visit the land of my ancestors.
That, and also the fact that Sweden would be the perfect place to connect to nature and also to get exposure to the cold. Since I have been on my trip to Poland with Wim Hof, The Iceman, I have kept up the cold water swimming and cold showers regularly. I even have been sharing the techniques with people who come to my courses in London and basically, it has become a part of my life.
I was approached by a Dutch Travel Company for Yoga Travel who asked me if I was interested in doing something in Sweden, combining Yoga with the Cold exposure etc and time going back to nature. It sounded perfect and when I looked at my diary a couple of weeks ago, I noticed a 10 day window in between my courses and an other retreat I work on in Morocco. So, I decided to go for it!
The small municipal of Tyngsjö is situated in the south of the province of Dalarna.
The campsite is 350 km from Goteborg and about 270km from Oslo.
Dalarna is famous for the many lakes, rivers and woods.
In the woods, in the southern part of Mid Sweden we finds the cottages right next to a most beautiful lake.
This will be the perfect place to really connect to nature, and also to slowly learn how to embrace the cold!
It’s my plan to start every morning before breakfast with a Yoga session followed by breakfast and then we can go outside an do more Yoga and get used to the cold in a good way.
I would like to create something a bit similar to my trip with Wim Hof to Poland. So, it will be a very relaxed time, no pressure, not too much of a plan but letting everything unfold depending on how things are but for sure it will be lots of breathing, yoga, hikes and the cold and sauna!
We will stay in basic Stuga’s, most have two bedrooms, a sitting area with fireplace. Small open kitchen with oven and coffee maker.The bedrooms are either with bunkbeds or twin.
- 6 nights accommodation
- All meals
- 2 x Mieke Style practice (Yoga, Qigong, Meditation, TRE, Breathing, Nidra)
- Hiking and cold exposure and daily visit to sauna
What’s not included?
The preferred airport would be Stockholm Arlanda airport.A good flight would be 6.40am from LHR on the 22nd of February return 15:20pm on the 28thThe airline is SAS.
- Transfers to and from the airport are not always included, however, it is possible to come with my transfer bus which will depart around 11am on the day of arrival and return to the airport around 1pm day of departure if there is still space.
- If you travel yourself to the destination you can also take the train; The international airport is Stockholm Arlanda. Than further with collective transport. Train from Arlanda to Borlänge, than the bus direction Malung. Busstop for you is Äppelbo E16 and from there we could arrange to pick you up. In Sweden it’s usual to book you collective ticket in advance (is cheaper too) Check www.sj.se, english version for more info.
- An other option would be to fly to local airport Hagfors. There are two flights daily during the week from Stockholm Arlanda to Hagfors. Alternatively, you can rent a car from Stockholm and drive, it’s a beautiful journey.
- Travel Insurance (essential to come along on this journey)