- This event has passed.
Yoga Therapy Cold Training Retreat, Scandinavian Style – Sweden February 29th – March 7th – Now Full
February 29, 2020 - March 7, 2020£599 – £1699
Exclusive Yoga and Hiking, Cold exposure, Winter travel to Sweden. – Now full
After a very successful Winter Retreat last year I am excited to announce that this year you will have an other amazing opportunity to come with me to Sweden.
When I found out that my DNA is highest percentage Scandinavian, I think the seed was planted then that I wanted to go and visit the land of my ancestors.
That, and also the fact that Sweden would be the perfect place to connect to nature and also to get exposure to the cold. Since I have been on my trip to Poland with Wim Hof, The Iceman, back in 2014, I have kept up the cold water swimming and cold showers regularly. I even have been sharing the techniques with people who come to my courses in London and basically, it has become a part of my life.
I was approached by a Dutch Travel Company for Yoga Travel who asked me if I was interested in doing something in Sweden, combining Yoga with the Cold exposure etc and time going back to nature. It sounded perfect and last year very quickly and last minute I organised for the first time this retreat.
The small municipal of Tyngsjö is situated in the south of the province of Dalarna.
The campsite is 350 km from Goteborg and about 270km from Oslo.
Dalarna is famous for the many lakes, rivers and woods.
In the woods, in the southern part of Mid Sweden we finds the cottages right next to a most beautiful lake.
This will be the perfect place to really connect to nature, and also to slowly learn how to embrace the cold!
We will start every morning before breakfast with a Yoga session followed by breakfast and then we can go outside an do more activities to get used to the cold in a good way.
I will include aspects a bit similar to my trip with The Iceman, Wim Hof, to Poland. So, it will be a very relaxed time, no pressure, not too much of a plan but letting everything unfold depending on how things are but for sure it will be lots of breathing, yoga, hikes and the cold and sauna!
If this sounds like the kind of break you want but your spouse is not keen on Yoga, there is also the option to come along but not take part in the activities. Also if a week is too long, you can contact me and we can discuss alternatives.
Last year I can proudly say that all of the group dipped in the lake and most of them every day, even on the day that there was supposed to be a break they all asked if we could somehow still fit it in, and we did!
You will stay in basic Stuga’s, most have two bedrooms, a sitting area with fireplace. Small open kitchen with oven and coffee maker.The bedrooms are either with bunkbeds or twin.
You can choose your length of stay, either a whole week, or a few days.
Daily Yoga, Qigong, TRE Mieke style
All meals included
What’s not included:
Flights and transfer.
- Preferred option is to fly to Stockholm Arlanda 7.15am with BA departure London Heathrow and return on the 7th March from Stockholm to Heathrow 17.55 with British Airways, BA0781
- Other options are flying to Stockholm Arlanda and take train and bus.
- Transfers to and from the airport are not included, however, it is possible to arrange transfer through me when you fly to Stockholm Arlanda and back from Stockholm you can book the transfer in addition for an extra £90 return, or if you fly back from Sweden on the 7th of March you can join me on the transfer as my flight back is from Stockholm at 17.55pm back to Heathrow
- If you travel yourself to the destination from Arlanda Airport you can take the train; Train from Arlanda to Borlänge, than the bus direction Malung. Busstop for you is Äppelbo E16 and from there we could arrange to pick you up. In Sweden it’s usual to book your collective ticket in advance (is cheaper too) Check www.sj.se, english version for more info.
- An other option would be to fly to local airport Hagfors. There are two flights daily during the week from Stockholm Arlanda to Hagfors. Alternatively, you can rent a car from Stockholm and drive, it’s a beautiful journey.
- I also want to mention, if you want to avoid flying, it is possible to get to Sweden. There is the really good app Rome to Rio and it will give you all options of travel!
- Travel Insurance (essential to come along on this journey)